Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Project Gone WRONG

Last night I decided to try out a new apron pattern I got over a month ago, It is soo cute,but I is one of those patterns that does not have the pieces, it just has measurements, well..... needless to say my first try did not come out as planned. You would think that I would learn to use scrap fabric on my first try,but.....that would be waaay to logical.

Actually the neckline was the only problem. I had two rectangle pieces and all I had to do was sew at an angle,but.......I think I went a liiiitle too far. Less of an angle and I think I am in business.

here are some pictures of the NOT so fabulous, I had to crop out Sabrina's head, being sick, her hair has seriously not be combed since Saturday, in a couple of days she will have dread locks :)



Sabrina is feeling better,but still wakes up several times a night with her eyes "glued" shut. She does not cry anymore when I put the medicine in her eye,she is such a trooper.

3 comments:

Mich(Pixe's Treasure Chest) said...

I actually like your apron...very unique! I hope your baby's eye clear up quick! Pinkeye is no fun!
http://pixestreasurechest.etsy.com
http://Pixe1.wordpress.com

BlenderBach said...

it looks cute, though!
That happened to me when I made an attempt at what seemed like a simple dress design - the bottom was okay but the neck and bust came out all weird.

Robbie said...

I like it too!

Hey let me know when Sabrina has dreads! I have some new hair things but they are for someone with dreads or braids!!! Do NOT comb her hair for a few more weeks...thanks...haha