Saturday, August 16, 2008

Garment District, Heaven for Crafters


I am back from my Day trip to the Garment District in Los Angles with my Friend Autumn. We had the BEST time, There is nothing like walking streets full of fabric making each other laugh at all of the *interesting* sights. We parked the car, which is an experience in itself, you pull up and leave the keys in the car, because there are so many cars parked on top of each other, they might have to move your car if other cars need to get out.




We went to Autumns favorite Ribbon store, and luckily it was close to where we parked because we had heavy bags to put in the car. We walked and looked at the TONS of fabric, it was amazing, but in all of the fabric I did not find a lot of what I was looking for. If you are making fancy dresses and clothing from stretch fabric, you would have hit the jackpot. But I was looking for Trendy cotton fabric.


FABULOUS RIBBON

After hours of walking, off in the distance, I spotted some Alexander Henry Fabric!!! We went in the store and it was designer fabric Heaven!!!! Alexander Henry, Amy Butler, Sandi Henderson...... and then I looked at the price...... it was $8.50-$9.50 a yard, the same as quit store prices, if you bough it whole sale from them it was only a 20% discount. I was disappointed about that, but I did find a Sushi fabric that I have been looking for.


We walked and went to some more stores, If you want to haggle on prices, Autumn is the person you want with you, SHE ROCKS!!! She got me some great prices on some solid cotton fabric. She will definitely be going with me the next time I buy a new car!

We have to go back in the fall, because after all day of walking we only covered about 3 blocks!! I know there are some hidden treasure stores left for me to find!

1 comment:

bow mom said...

I'm glad you had fun. Hey where's my weak bladder picture? Yes, I know their are yet undiscovered places! Thanks for going! I had fun! Can't wait to go back!